Friday 26 June 2015

BANTUZ DIARY

#Singleladies! #Singleladies! #Singleladies! Jesu christi. Can someone please wake me up from this rigmarolin gangantuan peculfalous nefenefe of a Babubabu(in patrick obahiagbon's voice).Can I take a breath of fresh air? It seems everywhere I go, there is someone or something waiting to remind me of my single status.Oh yeah, I pretty much know that I'm single and I appreciate your prayers for me to get married this year but seriously, I need to take a breather from all the side eyes and side talk.
The other day at Tiwa's naming ceremony,our married friends formed a caucus of #marriedwomen discussing nothing else but husband,husband and husband matters.I was personally miffed with Toun(Madam Aborkorku) for shutting Dolapo up just because she felt Dolapo had no right to air her views on marital issues simply because she is single.I couldn't stand watching her humiliate the poor girl so I stood up to her in Dolapo's defense, seeing that she was too embarrassed to defend herself.
Same thing happened the night before Dammy's wedding; when Dammy's aunt ordered the single ladies to go arrange the rooms for our married friends with kids.WORDAHELLLLL!! * I didn't kuku stand up from the chair where I sat(as a married woman to be consyn, *shior).

Having rocked my kinky braids for a month,I decided to go get a new look at the salon.On getting there, I noticed a particular lady whom I have seen there several times. for the sake of this diary,I will call her Atutupoyoyo. Atutupoyoyo was busy making a phone call, gisting her friend who I guess is married too, about another friend who is single.Apparently, the receiver just got married and  Atutupoyoyo was busy warning her against keeping close ties with her single friends. Lobatan! has it gotten that serious? Is being single now worse than the case of EBOLA? Hmnnn eleyi gidi gaan o. Little wonder Chioma quickly accepted Sean's proposal even though she had no inkling who Sean really is and did I mention; #drawsclosetowhisperinyourears. she met him online and accepted his proposal online via Instagram. Their wedding comes up soon on Instagram. LMAO... OOPS! totally forgot I left my noodles on the fire.brb..... okay, I'm back.#rollingnoodlesroundmyfork. *hmnnn Bantuz, this your habit of eating noodles all the time,better go learn how to cook ofuakwu,ofe nsala,ofe onugbu,Ofe ewedu,ofe egusi,ofe amala and ofe ila, you know you will soon be getting married to shukudi. LOL. but seriously,why is it so much of big deal in this part of the world? The one that dazes me the most is when ladies endure or refuse to leave an abusive marriage just because society frowns at single ladies. So they would rather die a MRS than stay alive as a  Miss!.oga o.

Am I saying this because I'm still single?Is there a bug that bites us ladies once we get married making us act in this fashion? Are the men folks also bitten by this bug? I guess these are questions for the gods. lol
I'm getting married soon but I do not wish to become someone else once I say I do.Although I hope and will work towards being a good wife and mother to my kids. I also do not pray to look down on my single friends like they mean nothing to me just because I'm married.I would pray for them to be married like me rather than mock them with snide remarks. So help me God.



           

1 comment:

Blink said...

PLS reserved booking on your bridal train! So help me God. Lol

Really married ladies needs to take a chill though, it's not that serious