Friday 15 May 2015

THE TASK FINALE


Bella got to the bank and was asked to wait. She waited patiently while the account officer confirmed the cheque. Daniel got a call from his bank asking for his approval as he had ordered his bank to always get an authorization from him before any transaction on his account. However; he approved without hassles as he was very busy.
Bella was given the rest of the day off for winning the contract.She was on her way to the spa to give herself a treat when she got the credit alert;she smiled,changed her mind and went straight to her mother's shop.
Mrs Onikoyi of Bellageo Designs was so happy to see her daughter,she hugged her and immediately they started chatting away. "So how did it go my dear" she asked Bella."Maami,you wont believe it,I got free cash,F-R-E-E C-A-S-H Maami and the silly man is expecting me this evening. He wanted to sleep with me, but Maami you needed to see the way I played him, and then my winning strategy came alive when he was informed that his wife was around.He started panicking. That was when I started acting horny.I wanted to keep him for a while but he hurriedly signed the cheque for the contract and dashed me an additional  N2million naira". Upon hearing N2million, her mum jumped off the couch as though she was stung by a Bee."iro ni o" she exclaimed in Yoruba language."what did he buy from you that he paid you N2million?" she asked in surprise. Bella smiled "Maami you won't understand, it's the nature of my job,lets just say he paid for being randy. Her mother was not convinced so she pressed on"hope you aren't sleeping your way to meeting your target ehn Bella? she asked in a way very typical of her. Bella feigned annoyance"how can you even think that I am sleeping my way to the top,this is why I don't like telling you things about my job cos you are damn too judgmental" her mother looked at her with surprise"ehen,iyen emi na Bella? anyway, she urged Bella on "so after he gave you 2million for nothing, what happened next? "Nothing" Bella snapped. Her mother gave a mocking laughter"Oti ya sa re binu niyen o my dia, oya talk to mummy" Bella smiled but refused to continue "that is all that happened. Like I said, I got free cash and that's about all".
Bella stood up to go get some water from the dispenser then she noticed a beautifully designed Caribbean dress on a mannequin "wow Maami, this is beautiful. She felt the material in her hands "This Caribbean material is very expensive o, it has real diamond stones on it".She kept admiring the dress "I saw the same material in a shop when I was on vacation,the owner of this dress must be a rich person" her mother's attention was drawn to the Dress."oh! that reminds me,I need to call the customer for pick up and yes;I think she is rich cos she looked very sophisticated the last time she came here and you trust your mother,I billed her to her taste. let me call her lest I forget". she picked up her phone, dialed the number she had written out from her Mac computer."Hello, is this Mrs Frances Oduga? yes my dear, your dress is ready for pickup. Of cos my dear, you will love it,even my daughter saw it and she loves it. You can come for fitting and pickup. Oh! you can't make it today? okay not a problem, tomorrow is fine. Regards to your husband. Ok bye".
Immediately she ended the call, Bella who had been listening to the phone conversation sprang to her feet "Was that  Frances Oduga of Oduga Suites? wow! Maami, I met this woman at Oduga suites;her husband is the same man that gave me 2million". Mrs Onikoyi, with eyes wide open; adjusted herself on the couch "You don't mean it. Ehn Bella,but what did you sell to him that he paid you a whooping sum of N2million I ask again? Bella Ignored her mother as her phone rang and she ran into the lavatory to receive her call.
Bella-hello?
Caller- Hi dear,this is Daniel,I'm so sorry we can't see as planned cos am kinda engaged.but I promise tomorrow will be a blast for us dear.I can't wait to get my hands on that succulent body of yours.
Bella-(rolling her eye balls)well, If rapture took place tomorrow and you can't find me.....?
Daniel-hahahahahahha, Rapture can wait; there ain't gonna be any rapture when I haven't tested my goods.
Bella- we will see about that Daniel.
Daniel- I gotta go babe.(Click.. the line went off).

Bella went back into the room and met her mother's questioning gaze.She ignored once again and made a call:
Bella- Hello Gbade
Gbade- Hello my Angel, how are you?
Bella- I'm fine.We had a deal right?I have sealed this contract so I want  to go on a two weeks Vacation to relieve myself of the stress of getting this deal. Say yes or no?
Gbade-Yeeeeeees all the way dear but I thought you said you had unfinished business with the CEO of Oduga Conglomerate?
Bella- Yes, I'll see to it when I get back.Meanwhile I need you to get me a 1st Class ticket to Atlanta.
Gbade- Anything for you Angel,I will miss your succulent body for two excruciating weeks but you deserve a vacation though. You are my best staff Bella.
Bella-Thanks Boss,I will keep that in mind.

Mrs Onikoyi, who had been itching to talk, quickly asked Bella once she got off the phone "Where are you going to Bella? did I hear you say 1st class ticket to Atlanta?" Bella shrugged "Yes Maami, why are you acting as though I said I am going to jail?" Her mum looked worried."But my love, you just got back from Dubai a month ago" Bella smiled and went to hug her mum "Maami, I know you miss me already but I want to go and rest.This job is beginning to take it's toll on me.Or do you want me to die from stress?" Her mother quickly snapped her fingers over her head "iro o,olorun maje,I shall not lose my only child in Jesus name". AMEN! They both chorused. Bella spent the rest of the day with her mother chatting, laughing and making a shopping list.

******************               ********************              *******************
Daniel had been trying to reach Bella and he was getting frustrated,it was the fourth day and her numbers were still switched off. He couldn't concentrate in the office and it was even worse at home with Frances fussing all around him.
He wanted Bella's touch desperately, he was missing her so much.Just then his phone rang,he wasn't in the mood for any telephone conversation so he ignored the caller. The line rang again and he picked after seeing a foreign number on the screen,he didn't think much of it as he had a lot of foreign associates and they called with different numbers.
Daniel-Hello?
VOICE- Hi Daniel,this is Bella
Daniel- BELLA! he shrieked both in anger and surprise "where in the world have you been?I searched the entire universe but you were nowhere to be found. What's up and where are you calling from cos I need you right here, right now"
Bella laughed heartily,enjoying the effect she was having on him."My dear Daniel,I am faraway in Atlanta. I'm on vacation for two weeks. hope you can hold your fire till I get back".
Daniel exploded "what da heck are you talking about? how can you be in Atlanta when I have paid for goods you are yet to deliver.
Bella, with a business tone replied "If you have been communicating with your agents,I'm sure they would have informed you that my company already supplied you the amount of granite you paid for and ...........
Daniel cut her short "Cut the joke Bella",he snapped at her. "You sure know what I'm talking about damn it! 'The N2million I gave you wasn't meant for you to go lounging in Atlanta when I haven't even tasted the honey. Are you even for real? 'here my balls are aching and you are there trying to be funny?"
Bella now irritated, fired back at him "Now you shut up Daniel, I gave you an opportunity and you let it slip through your fingers.Who was it that cancelled twice because his wife had him by the balls? YOU. Who was it that kept pushing me away when I was serving it hot and juicy? YOU. Now tell me who is talking balderdash. Sorry Daniel, you had your chance".
Seeing that he was about to lose out, Daniel started to plead with her "You can't take my money and just walk away like that Bella it's not fair pls, I need a taste from that honey pot.Pls baby, I'm ready to wait till you come back but pls don't shut me out okay?".
Bella gave a deep sigh "Okay Lover boy, I'll think about it all through my vacation here and then let you know when I get back to town".click.. she hung up on him.

************                ********************                     *********************
Going through the daily newspaper on a bright Saturday morning, Daniel scanned through the updates as his attention was drawn to the headline"4 Dead as Plane Hits Atlanta Interstate-All four people aboard a small plane were killed when it crashed on a busy Atlanta interstate this morning, but, amazingly, nobody on the ground was injured. The Piper PA-32 crashed onto I-285 about 10am, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution . The victims were identified as three men and a Nigerian woman (Bella Onikoyi, Phillip scott, Craig Marriot and Greg.....)
Daniel Screamed and spilled the coffee on the table "Nooooooooooo!" Frances who was close by; rushed to him "What is it Danny,you scared me". Daniel realized what he had done and quickly tried to cover up. "You know that girl we met last week at the suites? The one you introduced to me as your designer's daughter?"  Frances Listened with eyes wide open,anxious to get the details."Yes, Yes what happened? She asked impatiently. Daniel gave her a sad look and handed her the newspaper  "She is dead".
"WHAT!" Frances exclaimed in shock. "How come, what happened?"she gazed at the papers and started crying "Oh my God, I pray that woman finds comfort' Oh God why.That was her only child. I need to go visit her".
Without thinking,Frances dropped the papers and rushed upstairs to her room to change and she was gone before Daniel could stop her.

Mrs Onikoyi had received a phone call that night and was told of the plane crash that claimed daughter's life.Her sisters and colleagues all heard and came to console and sympathize with her but she was inconsolable.
She cried and threw herself on the floor like a little child "Aaah Bella you have killed me,ye mo gbe o, ina njo mi oooo,egba mi" She sputtered in yoruba Language. Her sister held her firmly by the waist. "Sister mi,God knows best,don't cause yourself more harm pls". She dragged herself away from her sister's grip. "Aaahh let me die o, let me die because she is all I live for,I spoke with her just yesterday morning and the next thing they tell me is my baby is gone.Who will call me Maami? who will call me on Mother's Day to appreciate my motherly love?Nooooooo let me die" she wailed even more.

There was a knock on the door and a lady was ushered in.Immediately Mrs onikoyi sighted Frances, she pounced on her "Ahhhh,you have come to see if she is dead abi? Aaah she is dead o you hear, sebi it is your husband that gave her the blood money that killed her. My God will judge you and your ritualist of a husband". Frances was confused and embarrassed. She Thought to herself, "Could it be the effect of the news of her daughter's death that was making her act in a crazy manner?Frances tried to explain her innocence to the women present but Mrs Onikoyi attacked her when she moved closer, she quickly turned her back and left as Mrs Onikoyi reigned curses after her. "You shall meet your Waterloo as you are going, It shall never be well with you and your husband". Everyone looked on confused and scared.wondering if she had gone crazy.

Frances got home and narrated her ordeal to her husband. "Baby,you needed to see the embarrassment I faced in the hands of that woman today; she nearly tore me apart claiming my husband gave her daughter some money that killed her. I was so scared she would beat me up so I left".
Daniel tried to hide his guilt "Why did you even go to her in the first place? I have told you severally,your good intentions might put you into trouble some day.Thank God she didn't harm you" Frances smiled and cuddled up beside her husband.
Her mind did a flash back on the day she met Bella,  she suddenly remembered that Bella didn't introduce herself on that day. So she was curious how her husband got to recognize her name in the papers.She turned and faced him, "Danny boy,are you sure you didn't know Bella before her death? The way you screamed feels suspect you know,a brief introduction couldn't have caused that much reaction from you" she asked. Daniel Feigned annoyance "What rubbish are you spewing from your mouth? I said what are you insinuating? A woman loses her only child in a plane crash and she is reacting based on her feelings,then you come here asking me silly questions? Common Frances! get a grip on yourself".
He pushed her from him, stood up and walked out on her.Frances looked on as he walked out of the door.She shook her head cos she knew when Daniel was guilty. But if Bella was one of those women he kept outside their marriage, then Frances was glad she was out of the way.she smiled ONE DOWN!



6 comments:

itse said...

Kai bloggitup!!!!!!!what a way to wrap up...very interesting.

BBBSmiles said...

Itse , I'm glad you found it worthy of your mb. Thanks for stopping by..

Anonymous said...

Nice one bloggitup.

Lina said...

Wonderful! Didn't see this coming. Keep it up

Blink said...


Applaudise for my lady! Great write up.

BBBSmiles said...

I really appreciate you all for taking time out to read and drop comments.keep the encouragements rolling.

Gracias