Friday 13 March 2015

TWISTED FINALE




They all got into Tayo’s LR3 with the exception of Ibrahim who had gone home with a mulatto. They got to Tayo’s apartment without any hassles. It was a four bedroom duplex; so there was a room for each person or so Yeni thought until she saw Kenny whisking Kemi away to a room upstairs. ”I thought we were gonna sleep in same room kemi, where are you going? She asked after them. Kemi looked back at her as though she just spoke in Spanish “huh? I said where are you going? Yeni reiterated. then realizing kemi wasn't going to corporate, she shook her head and waved at them ”don’t worry, I’ll be fine” Kenny smiled and pulled kemi with him upstairs. Tayo was taking a shower so Yeni was left alone in the living room. The alcohol was starting to take its toll on her; she yawned and got up to one of the rooms upstairs. She found a bed neatly made and sleepily fell on it.
Tayo came into the room and met Yeni sleeping and snoring quietly. Her blouse had shifted and her stomach was exposed,revealing her belly button. Tayo was aroused by the sight of her, he snuggled up to her and started caressing her bosom. Yeni felt a sensation and stirred from her sleep, she wasn't fully awake so Tayo kept kissing and caressing her body.he tried to unzip her pants but he couldn't, while trying to force the zipper Yeni woke up, eyes wide open,she sprung from the bed as she saw a naked Tayo lying beside her on the bed. She shouted at Tayo “what the hell are you trying to do Tayo? Tayo was embarrassed and tried to calm her down “eeerrr, am sorry babe but please keep your voice down”. oh shut up” yeni snapped at him.Tayo continued to plead ”baby please I promise not to hurt you, let’s just have a nice time, am so horny darling pleeeeaase” 
Yeni couldn't believe her ears “have a what? Tayo, you must be a sicko, have a nice time? I should allow you make love to me? “Exactly baby! after all, you are my girlfriend and it’s my right as your boyfriend to have all of you to myself!” Tayo blurted. Yeni couldn't help but laugh at the confidence he exuded as he spoke. Just then his phone rang; he picked and ran to the bathroom. Yeni looked as he closed the door behind him. She found it strange how he ran to receive his call and wondered who must have called him at that time. Maybe it was his friend Ibrahim. She shrugged and walked to the mirror to take a look at her face and also pick up her phone; she had left it on the dresser earlier. She promised herself she wouldn't fall asleep again until she got home as she didn't want tell chronicles that breaks spines.
 Although she really liked Tayo; they have been dating for months and the most they had engaged in was kissing cos she wanted him to wait until she was ready to give him her body and not him trying to force it or steal from her pack of goodies, but as she walked close to the bathroom she heard him:
 “no baby, its 5am here in Nigeria *silence*your call actually woke me up, been out all night with Kenny but we are home now, trying to catch some sleep*silence* "of cos not baby, you know I can’t stand any girl who’s not you"*silence*. Miss you too hun, miss you more than you can imagine*silence* "But don’t worry, papi will be with you soon *silence* "alright mookie, love you forever". He ended the call and came out of the bathroom only to bump into Yeni who was standing right at the door, staring at him wide eyed.

‘’So you have a bae? Yeni asked looking defeated. Here she was falling in love with someone who obviously has a lover in a different country. ” Why didn't you ever mention it Tayo? She was hurt by his betrayal. Tayo was defenseless,”baby I'm sorry I didn't tell you, yes I am married but she lives in the states. Yeni was taken aback. She was yet to deal with the fact that he had a girlfriend in another state but having to learn he was married sapped all the energy she had left in her. Why did he have to go through all the stress she put him knowing fully well he only wanted a fling. 
Damn! Yeni felt bad for herself.she was so weak, she sat down on the bed, face in palm.Tayo came and sat beside her on the bed.”babe am sorry but we can still work things out, good thing is she doesn't live in this country so you are safe. You will be my baby here in Nigeria. Yeni felt insulted by his assurance,she almost smacked him across the face “what the fuck are you on about Tayo? Please don’t mock me by spitting out such rubbish from your mouth. For me, it’s over between us and I will like to take my leave now. She stood up to go when Tayo reminded her it was the last Saturday of the month set aside for environmental sanitation in Lagos State 

Kemi wasn't one to get dirty on a first date but she was having a nice time with Kenny. She loved the way he touched her, she loved how he licked her ears and whispered sweet nothing into them. She practically forgot Yeni was in the same house as they. She couldn't be bothered, since she knew Yeni very well, if she wasn't comfortable with Tayo she would have come dragging them home by now. Moreover, it was the last Saturday of the month (Environmental Sanitation in Lagos State).No movement till 10am. She smiled, hugged Kenny tight taking in his scent and rubbing her face against his bare chest *omo gbagbe oshi* she mouthed a line from Olamide’s ad-lib.
It was 10am, the girls were ready to go. Tayo dropped them off with a promise to see them later in the day. Kemi noticed on the drive home that Yeni was in a sour mood but she was still drunk in lust with Kenny on her mind, she didn't bother to ask but once they got home she asked “ sup with you Gal-friend, why so moody? Didn't you get some with Tayo? Yeni gave her daggers “what is wrong with you Kemi? Must everyone get down on a first date like you? Kemi felt slighted by Yeni’s accusation “what is the meaning of that? Did I tell you I made out with Kenny? We smooched and kissed yea but that was all”.
Yeni was sorry she snapped at Kemi “I’m sorry,its just that, Tayo is a bastard”. “Huh” kemi looked round to be sure where that came from “why call your boyfriend a Bastard? Oh! I get it,he has a very small P*n*s, so you were disappointed right?hahhahahhahahah” she fell of the couch laughing. Yeni was so upset she shouted ”the idiot is married Kemi” Kemi gave a confused look. ”Yes! you heard right, Tayo is married” Yeni reiterated.” I eaves dropped on his conversation with his wife, and he confessed to being married to the lady. Can you beat that?”   Kemi didn't believe it.”wow! Are you for real? You mean that handsome young boy is married? Anyway dem nor dey write am for face. Hope you haven’t done shoki with him o cos guys like him are losers and your blood mixing with his, means bad luck” Yeni was quick to laugh this time ”my dear thank God I haven’t gone to bend down low,the guy nearly tore my paent last night now but he didn't succeed.Do you know he had the effrontery to plead with me to be his side chic since le’ wifey is far away in USA.
Kemi looked stupefied “aah! some boiz tho,he must have been high on some cheap dope” thank God you didn't mention it on the drive home, I would have dented his car in anger.what nonsense. so what are you going to do now? She asked Yeni. Yeni sighed”well in as much I hated to, I have broken up with him” Kemi Sighed too “na wa o,just like that? Anyway it’s a good thing you guys haven’t been dating for too long, don’t worry dear you will heal.” Yeni Smiled,  kemi’s words were like a soothing balm to her scarred heart.
‘what about you? Whats up with you and Kenny? At the mention of Kenny Kemi’s Eyes lighted up like a disco light in a club “ my dear,that boi got me singing kuchi kuchi ,babe am so in love with Kenny, this is love at first sight o, I'll be damned if I don’t date him. Anyway, he promised to call me later today”. suddenly it dawned on her Kenny didn't take her number “OMG! I have been scammed! Yaaaaaaay mo gbe, Kenny didn't take my number what am I even saying, dude didn't even ask for my number”. Yeni couldn't take it anymore she laughed so hard she peed in her pants. Kemi was disappointed ”how the hell did he plan on calling me later today when he didn't ask for my number especially now that his friend has messed up? she asked no one in particular “well she continued ‘let’s not be quick to conclude, it’s just 11am maybe he will call your number and then ask to speak with me” she consoled herself. Yeni was in the bathroom laughing loudly at kemi. She screamed from the bathroom “you wish, they are all the same my dear, just start counting your loss and move on”. Kemi paid her no heed,she secretly prayed Kenny was a lot better than Tayo and would call her on Yeni’s phone soon.

***********************               ****************************        ***************************
Stella and Norbert were seated in Dr. Okechukwu’s office. He held the test results smiling at them. Isn't our God just awesome? Stella wasn't listening to him cos she felt nauseous and Norbert was busy robbing his aching nose. Dr. Okechukwu continued “Mr and Mrs White I am happy to announce to you that you are finally going to be parents, your wife is pregnant, She is 3weeks pregnant. Stella wasn't expecting this great news she just heard , she was too shocked to react. She simply looked on at the doctor as though dumb. Norbert spoke up” Dr this is not the best time to joke, are you sure of this? Dr Okechukwu gave him the test result ‘take a look at it yourself”.Norbert took the paper and his eyes caught the part stamped PT(BLOOD) POSITIVE..
They thanked the doctor and left. Dr Okechukwu couldn't help but notice their strange behaviors and reactions to the good news he gave them for a couple that had been looking for a child for years. He shook his head as he has come to learn in his profession that patients reacted in different ways to certain news; be it negative or positive.
Stella was experiencing mixed feelings,she was happy she was finally pregnant but she wasn't happy because some else was going to birth a child for her husband.when she got home she went straight to her room and started to pack,Norbert saw her and asked why she was packing and where she was headed. She ignored him and kept packing.Just then Melevi walked into the room and knelt down before Stella and for the first time Stella saw her bloated body, she saw Melevi everyday but she never noticed how big her tummy had grown.it was probably due to the fact that Melevi wore very loose cloths all in a bid to conceal her very curvy body as she warned her upon resumption that she wasn't comfortable with her choice of cloths which revealed her beautifully shaped body. but now, it all didn't make sense cos the monkey still ate the banana.  
 “Madam abeg, I beg in the mighty name of God, I wan confess wetin oga do me’.before Norbert could stop her she blurted out "na rape oga rape me and me nor fit tell you because e say e go kill me if I tell anybody. But e come be say I nor see my menziz for five months, na em I tell oga say e b like say me don get belle but oga shout for me say if I say pim to anybody dat e go kill me .So one day ,oga mama look me say,dis geh you have pegnant and I no fit lie so I tell am say yes I pegnant. but madam I don tire I wan go to my kentri make I go born the pikin”

Stella felt sorry for her and helped her up, she hugged melevi and told her she knew about her pregnancy but she wasn't going to let her go away with Norbert’s child. Norbert watched but was too ashamed to say anything. He always knew stella was a brave woman but taking the news in the manner she did,left him in awe of her. Stella resolved to nurse Melevi to birth since she was almost due and has agreed to give up the child for adoption before going back to her country.
Melevi birthed a bouncing baby boy whom the Whites’ Named Ibrahim after Melevi’s late father. Few months later Stella gave birth to a set of twins. Ibrahim was sent to the United States of America after his primary education in Nigeria to live with his paternal grandma Ms. White,where he lived the better days of his life before coming back home to take over his father’s conglomerate.

Stella had thought that experience will teach Norbert a lesson and stay away from the helps she hired but it seemed like a curse that just couldn't be broken. She stared at him with the knife in his hand and quietly backed away to place a call to the police. She saved his sorry ass the first time, but this time she wasn't going to clean up his mess.
The cops came in and took Norbert away in cuffs and his arrest made headlines in the news for weeks.
******************* ******************* ***************** ************************

It's been two weeks and Kenny still hadn't called Kemi, she was going crazy but eventually got over it when Tayo called to beg Yeni and Kenny never asked to speak with her. Yeni simply friend zoned Tayo and reduced him to a BBM contact. She refused to see him or meet for dinner. Tayo got tired of begging and finally traveled to be with his wife.

2 comments:

itse said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm.i want more

Unknown said...

Oh pls... this cannot be the end. Those two-timers should have been hit by a bus or better still, a moving train. Nice work though. Enjoyed it very much.